A vinyl cleaner is a system that provides and uses a lot of different methods to clear your LPs from various dirt and noise. The best record cleaning machine only uses high-quality cleaning fluid that does not compromise the recording. Check out further vinyl record cleaner reviews to choose the best one.
Manual cleaning is performed around your plate and removes some of the noise, however, it’s always possible that manual cleaning completely does not remove all the noise. The effectiveness of manual cleaning is determined by you and the manual cleaning method you choose. However, some manual cleaning methods threaten to damage the vinyl disc itself. This pertains to a process that incorporates an element of alcohol purification. The record cleaner machine quickly removes numerous noises and minor scratches from recordings, entirely removing them from the recording while doing it softly and without causing damage to the music.
Keep in mind that, in fact, a record cleaners machine can not clear large scratches or dents from your drive. When buying a vinyl record cleaner machine, always keep a sense of realism about your expectations and what you would like to get. However, it will definitely improve the quality of sound.
It’s worth considering that there are different price segments of RCM, some of which are inexpensive, but their range of actions is small, while more expensive models, accordingly, more efficiently perform cleaning work. And then there are also other methods to clean your vinyl. Check out this review to pick the best record cleaner for your vinyl collection!
Reviews of Vinyl Cleaners
Many are interested in one question, if everything is so good, then what are the disadvantages of using the record cleaner machine. One of the main disadvantages of using such a system for cleaning is its price. However, if you are seriously into quality vinyl records and own a large collection, a record cleaning machine is a must-have for you. Because the best vinyl cleaner performs is effective at removing dirt from vinyl.
Record Cleaning Kits
#1 SPIN-CLEAN RECORD WASHER – Best Record Cleaning Machine
Thanks to the modern, patented design of this system, you will increase the quality of each of your equipment and will unequivocally improve the quality of your vinyl record collection.
There are many systems that carry out the purification process, but this process, for many purification systems, is not able to remove all dust, dirt from its grooves. However, the Spin-Clean Record Wash provides you with the ability to quickly, efficiently, and deeply clean both sides of your vinyl plastic at the same time and deliver high, effective results.
This vinyl record cleaning kit has been on the market for many years and has enjoyed great popularity and today remains to be one of the world’s largest manufacturers of cleaning machines.
This system provides users with a warranty throughout the use period. Items such as brushes and fluids are not covered by the warranty because brushes tend to wear out and fluids tend to be used. You can purchase a complete set of accessories for your Spin-Clean device and receive full technical and customer support for every problem you may encounter during use.
- Does not leave any dirt.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Improves recording quality while eliminating dirt and debris.
- No power or any other power source is required for use.
- Does not contain soaps, harmful chemical solutions.
- High noise when working.
Video SPIN-CLEAN RECORD WASHER
This deluxe kit of Spin Clean record cleaner provides a great value, as it includes the vinyl cleaning basin with rollers to hold the records, the special washer liquid (36 oz. in total), two soft brushes to scrub the records, and seven reusable towels to wipe them. The basin depth and rollers enable cleaning all three types of records: 33-, 45-, and 78 RPM ones. The MK3 washer fluid is a non-alcohol substance removing the residue from the grooves and sinking it to the bottom of the basin. The brushes are cleanable, and the towels are well-soaking no-lint pieces ensuring scratch-free wiping.
There are a large number of environmental factors that can minimize and reduce the sound quality, respectively, after which your pleasure in listening to vinyl will decrease. In certain cases, such factors may not only reduce the sound quality, but also damage your vinyl, your amplifier, or your speakers.
The Vinyl Styl Deep Groove Record Washer System was designed to maximize the cleaning of all deep grooves by combining soft and natural brushes that are specially designed to boost cleaning effect.
After using the Vinyl Styl Deep Groove Record Washer, your recordings will give you the ultimate in the enjoyment of high-quality sound. With the necessary and regular care and impressive maintenance, they can be used for many years. The entire system is well-designed, with a modern aesthetic that fits in nicely next to your vinyl recorder and personal record collection.
- Deep purification with a reservoir with a lid.
- Clamp designed to protect labels.
- Special 45 RPM adapter.
- Cleaning fluid that can be used repeatedly.
- Special liquid for filter.
- Operating manual.
- Some materials are not of good quality.
- High price.
Video Vinyl Styl Deep Groove
#3 Record Friend – Well Built Vinyl Cleaning Kit
When looking for the best vinyl cleaner, pay attention to this record cleaning kit that is designed to handle 7”, 10”, and 12” records. It’s a manual system with a drying rack to hold 10 LPs and that’s not typical for the similar cleaners.
Ergonomic design allows stacking the washer basin and drying rack into each other to store the system away without taking up too much space. Besides, the unit has a lid to cover the basin when it’s not in the use.
This vinyl record cleaner is able both to clean records and help with static buildup. However, this relates to new albums. When dealing with older LPs, Record Friend handles surface staining, but it can hardly remove dust and dirt out of deep grooves of the record.
This vinyl cleaning kit comes with 2,150 ml bottle of cleaner, a velvet pad, brushes for an LP and for a stylus, as well as an extra drying cloth.
It’s hard to rotate thick records. For example, when pulling them out, the thick records are dragging brushes down with them. Anyway, when the cleaning is over, the sound quality becomes much better.
- Original brushes for replacement are available.
- No alcohol in the solution.
- Illuminates crackle and other distorting sounds.
- High-quality brushes and soft pad.
- 1 cloth is enough for 10-12 records.
- It holds the LPs nicely.
- Doesn’t eliminate static.
- One of the brushes is hard to remove.
The Big Fudge record cleaner kit includes brushes for LPs and a turntable stylus, a big bottle of the cleaner, and a travel pouch. Besides, the price for this kit makes a cost of a pair of brushes, adding up to the user’s profit.
The brush for vinyl cleaning is made of a solid wood piece with the soft velvet cushion attached to the bottom. It ensures caring cleaning without scratches while removing the dust and surface grime efficiently. Pressing a bit harder, you can also wipe off the fingerprint smudges without fearing of damaging a record. The wooden handle preserves the wood texture and is easy to hold and manipulate.
The small one-side carbon fiber brush with the long bristles is included for the purpose of deeper cleaning. The kit also comprises the stylus brush with the square head filled with the densely fitted short bristles. The fiber has the medium stiffness and cleans the stylus carefully.
The record cleaner bottle included has 1.69 oz. capacity and is supplied with the sprayer. The transparent plastic cover secures the sprayer from the occasional press, and the top part can be screwed off to refill the bottle once it’s empty.
All the articles fit well in the included soft fabric pouch.
- Compact (5.5 x 4.3 x 2.1 inches) and lightweight kit (7.2 oz.), easy to store, and carry along.
- The black velvet of the brush makes the dust and debris well visible, so the current record condition can be estimated.
- The pouch has fabric tension strings to tie it securely.
- Round smooth edges on the velvet brush sometimes make it slip out of the hand.
- The cleaning solution runs out quickly, as the sprayer moistens a large surface with each spray.
Video Big Fudge Record Cleaning Kit — Review
#5 Vinyl Buddy – Ultimate All in One LP Record Cleaner
The Vinyl Buddy gets to all debris inside from the depth, providing a so-called glue effect. The complete cleaning of the vinyl disc occurs in just a few turns, and thus you completely return your vinyl to the best conditions for playing soundtracks.
It is recommended that you wash the roller well under running water before using it, as the roller is used to remove any dirt, and then the tool is ready for the next cleaning session!
The Vinyl Buddy is a rather gentle tool, so it provides safe cleaning, it will never damage your records. One can reject the idea that Vinyl Buddy can leave dirt and garbage that can be left on your records after cleaning since the very cleaning process is quite thorough.
The Vinyl Buddy uses the latest innovations on the device market: traditional cleaning techniques, such as microfiber or velvet cleaning pens, have only smeared dirt around the recording, instead of effective cleaning. This record cleaning brush does not erode dirt but collects and removes all debris, making the cleaning session effective and productive. The Vinyl Buddy is effective for the rapid removal of surface debris along with dirt, which is deeply in the grooves of vinyl.
- Two-way quick dust removal.
- Automatically uses a safe cleaning liquid and contains an adjustable speed.
- High vacuum with high power, which is able to quickly remove garbage.
- The price can vary greatly depending on the store.
- Enough volume when using.
- Some users point out that they are not effective in collecting dust.
The brush is 4.45-inch wide, 1.22-inch tall, and has a depth of 0.71 inches. It fits well in the hand thanks to the long wide handle fully embracing the brush to control the entire brushing surface.
This cleaning brush can be used for any vinyl record size. The lower part securely holds the multiple bristles made of high-quality carbon fiber. The bristles are hard enough to pick and remove the dust and grease from the record but don’t scratch the vinyl surface. This results in the longer record’s life and preserved richness of the sound.
The dust and small particles don’t stick to the brush or record during cleaning thanks to the anti-static features of the former. It conducts the electricity well through its aluminum handle and making it ground through the user’s hand. In this way, clean grooves don’t get filled with the debris removed before and don’t attract the new ones because of statics.
The foldable design lets the brush take little place when stored. Besides, the bristles are protected from hits and fringing in this way.
- The raised inner part of the handle makes the bristles self-clean when being led through and rubbing across it.
- Lightweight and easy to use with a weight of 1.58 oz.
- Matte anthracite color of the handle and the body makes the brush look expensive and fit any turntable setup.
- Not suitable for use with a cleaning solution due to possible bristle damage.
- The handle tends to pop off sometimes.
#7 Collector Protector with Carbon Fiber Record Brush
This product is a modern anti-static vinyl effective and fast cleaner. To use, you must first brush the cleaning solution to the surface, then use a special fiber brush to remove any type of dust or dirt.
The cleaning solution does not include alcohol or any hazardous chemicals that can damage your vinyl records. This device not only eliminates the entire amount of dirt but also ensures the long work of your recordings with higher and better sound quality. The kit includes a clear and understandable operating instruction, as well as a full 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
With all of these features, the Collector Protector can be considered a superb vinyl accessory at a very low price.
A compact and high-quality antistatic brush made of high-quality fiber is included in the Collector Protector package, as well as a customized bottle with a high-quality filter for cleaning fluid. The full set is made in high quality to ensure that your best recordings are preserved in perfect form.
It’s important to remember that while cleaning vinyl records, if there’s a lot of dirt on the plate before you start cleaning, cleaning can damage your vinyl and degrade the sound quality. If entries are clean, cleaning will increase the quality of your plates and increase the quality of your player.
- Anti-static brush made of high-quality fiber.
- Safe cleaning solution.
- Self-cleaning brushes.
- 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- Maintains high-quality sound of your recordings.
- Affordable price.
- When you try to spray the solution on the brush, half of it flows down the edge of the bottle and drips all over the floor table or anything.
Video Collector Protector
#8 Record Cleaning Velvet Brush – Best Record Cleaning Brush
The Record Cleaning Velvet Brush quickly, efficiently and safely removes all dust and dirt from the surface, without a scratch, saves your music properly, restoring the quality of your favorite musical compositions.
The liquid washer gets into the depth of the recording slots to eliminate even micro small particles of dust! This high-quality Receiver Cleaner is a must-have device for any professional music user!
Contains a stylus brush, for soft, quick, effective cleaning, and improved sound quality.
The Record Cleaning Velvet Brush is a great and practical gift for any audiophile! Because the manufacturer offers a two-year warranty, most consumers are pleased with their purchase as well as the parameters, functionality, and capabilities offered.
- It is one of the best cleaning systems that provides a great deal of user attraction.
- Multi-functionality and power.
- Contains a thorough cleaning, which allows you to return your vinyl to the level of quality you expect.
- The drying cycle is quite effective, after which no additional manual drying is required.
- Low-quality dust cover.
- One side cleaning.
- Sometimes manual cleaning is required.
Video Record Cleaning Velvet Brush
Record Cleaning Machines
#9 Record Doctor V – Best Vinyl Record Cleaner Machine
The Record Doctor V contains a vacuum engine, a special replacement with velvet equipment, a spindle, the main purpose of which is to rotate the recording, an acrylic disk filled with a special soft capture, as well as a convenient storage tank for rapid removal dirt and garbage.
The Record Doctor V has its own 4-ounce liquid to which a special bottle and a brush containing two different applicators are added in the kit. One applicator comes with foam polyurethane for effective cleaning and another applicator contains a soft vinyl record brush. The best vinyl record cleaner removes dirt and dust from vinyl quickly.
- Very quickly the system performs a complete cleaning of the vinyl record for a few full turns.
- The kit comes with liquid and other necessary cleaning elements.
- The clamping area completely covers the label area.
- The one-way cleaning process, so you will need to flip the plate to the other side.
- Not fully automated system, since you will be forced to perform a certain part of the work.
- Does not allow you to use any size of vinyl.
Video Record Doctor V
#10 iSonic P4875-NH+MVR5 — The Best Ultrasonic Record Cleaning Solution
This model has multiple features making it a solid vinyl record cleaning solution. It has a wide tank, ability to handle several records at the same time, electronic mechanism and controls, safe and gentle ultrasonic operation.
The machine produces the ultrasonic waves thanks to three stack transducers. The latter are industrial grade, and each one is operated by the separate PCB unit. The ultrasonic signal is generated on the 35 kHz frequency and makes a sole mechanical effect on the recording. There are no heaters implemented in this machine to ensure the safety of the vinyl. Still, as the motor produces some heat, the device is equipped with the thermometer and the cooling fan to control and reduce the water temperature. The motor is also slowed down to prevent overheat and ensure mild cleaning. The speed makes 5 RPM enabling each fragment of the record to be thoroughly cleaned while in water.
The ultrasonic vinyl record cleaner can handle five records per time. Its tank capacity is 2 gallons. The holder is adjusted for the 10-inch or 12-inch wide records. The included spacers let clean any amount of records, from one to four at a time. The kit also includes the label seals with the O rings that keep the vinyl labels unaffected by water.
The device is operated via the touch controls on the sensor panel. It has flexible settings for determining the time of cleaning within 30 minutes lapse. There are also quick fixed timings for 5, 10, 15 minutes up to 30 minutes.
- Memory technology remembers the time setting used last time and recalls them the next time you activate.
- Equipped with the drainage valve to release the water without moving the machine.
- Comes with the cleaning solution and a wiping tissue (no-lint type).
- Requires a perfectly level surface so that the water doesn’t pour over, and the records are completely cleaned.
- The rod of the record spinner is a bit short; placing and removing the fifth record is somewhat tricky.
Record Cleaning Solutions
#11 Vinyl Vac 33 – The Best Vinyl Record Vacuum Cleaner
One way to quickly remove all the dirt and noise trapped in the vinyl grooves is with a vacuum. The Vinyl Vac 33 does the same thing as expensive and premium machines, but the price of this tool is extremely low.
The Vinyl Vac 33 will quickly and efficiently remove all volumes of vinyl grooves. To do this, just apply a special cleaning solution, and then start using the Vinyl Vac 33 to remove the entire amount of dirt for high-quality sound without noise. The soft velvet is located around the entrance to protect the vinyl during your work and take away the entire amount of dirt from the grooves. Contains a pair of replacement pads, a special ring, the purpose of which is to create a dense match between your vacuum hose and vinyl vacuum. Also, the kit includes two gearboxes, which provide precise adjustment of the intensity of the work to eliminate dirt.
- Fully secure and easy to use.
- Fast spot removal.
- Contains a storage box and a washing liquid.
- Exclusive microfiber.
- The liquid itself is completely safe and quickly removes dirt and dust stains from the surface of the vinyl record.
- High scratch resistance.
- A poor-quality pen.
- Some materials of poor quality as well.
- Not a modern design.
Video Vinyl Vac 33
#12 Lasermedia VNC-8 – Best Record Cleaning Fluid
Even the best vinyl record cleaners can’t compete with the Lasermedia VNC-8 when it comes to providing safe cleaning for both new and older LPs. The product is designed as a spray bottle to provide rational use, to ensure the right amount of fluid and its even distribution throughout the surface.
Besides, this record cleaning machine contains nonionic surfactants that lack electrical charge. It reduces the static on the record but doesn’t remove it completely because this fluid is not actually an anti-static product.
The fluid can be used in hard water (the surfactants doesn’t react with it) and it doesn’t produce too much foam.
All the fluid’s properties mentioned above allow not only accumulating dirt and other contaminants but also lifting them carefully to protect the LPs’ surface from damages. Note that if the vinyl’s grooves are already damaged no fluid is able to restore them.
It is much more economical than a small bottle for regular cleaning – it’s enough to clean near 2,000 records. To make the fluid work, one can use both microfiber brush and cloth. It’s important to move them in the direction of the grooves, avoiding labels, and then let the album dry before playing.
- Perfect to clean by hand.
- Vinyl looks very black again.
- The LPs are far less likely to attract dust.
- Leaves no streaking.
- Deep cleaning.
- The process could be less time-consuming.
- A bit pricey.
#13 Invest In Vinyl – 100 Clear Record Inner Sleeves
This record cover is suitable for LPs, album covers, and drawings. Being dust-, dirt-, and totally waterproof, it will protect records from being scratched, contaminated, or broken. The sleeves from Invest In Vinyl are made from polyethylene that is thicker than average record sleeves are. The material is totally acid-free so make no harm and discoloration to the items that are stored inside for a long period. They will not only protect your collection but will prolong its life. Each sleeve has 12.75 x 12.5 inches and that is enough for single and double records and gatefold vinyl jackets.
- They slide against each other so it is easy to pick out the record among all other records.
- The record label is not covered by the material. All of the writing is readily visible.
- These sleeves can sometimes be a little hard to put on and flip over.
- The bag where all sleeves are packaged is of poor quality. I hardly opened the bag and it tore apart immediately.
How to Use a Record Brush
When you brush your vinyl record to get rid of the dust and light contaminants, consider the material of the brush bristles, their hardness, and flexibility, frequency of placement. These factors are important for measuring the pressure you need to apply to the brush and subsequently, the vinyl record. The harder the bristles, the less pressure should be applied. An anti-static carbon fiber brush is a standard tool for vinyl record cleaning for many decades already, and a popular consumer choice, too. That’s why we use it as an example in the below recommendations.
How to use Anti-Static Brush on Vinyl
- Ensure the brush is clean. Some brushes for vinyl records have the cleaning appliance (usually located on the handle). For others, use a piece of wood or plastic (e.g. a new hair comb) with protruding non-sharp prongs. Rub the bristles mildly against the prongs to remove the particles from the brush.
- Put the brush on the record, with the long bristles lightly touching its surface. Hold the brush with your hand, and regulate the pressure.
- Spin the record 2-4 times while holding the brush on it. Make sure the bristles’ tips touch and sweep the vinyl.
- Take off the brush from the surface and clean it. No need to glide the brush to the center or to the edge of your LP. Simply lift it off the record and clean. For discharging the static load, rub the bristles mildly against some metal object.
- Put the brush back on the record. Press it a little harder to the vinyl surface so that the shorter bristles touched it.
- Spin the vinyl on the platter for 2-4 full rotations. This will clean a part of the LP, with the width corresponding to the brush width.
- Remove the brush and clean it. Repeat the whole procedure on other grooves of the vinyl record.
You must choose and get the best vinyl record cleaning kit if you do not want your record to be damage to enjoy music for long. All you should do is opt for the most optimal and best way to clean records that would fully fit your needs and desires in order to make cleaning work perfect.
Hi everyone! I’m Thomas Moody, also known as Guitarzan.